Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Poetry Reading in Hamtramck




Last week, I did 12 book events in Chicago and the suburbs of Chicago and in Hamtramck, Michigan.

I spoke to Poles and Polish Americans and Americans of all kinds: refugees, immigrants, native-born Americans, and the descendents of refugees and immigrants -- Poles, Chinese, Arab, Mexican, African - Americans.

I spoke in book stores and libraries, schools and a former movie theater, and even McCormick Place.

The Piast Institute -- the sponsors of my reading in Hamtramack -- posted a video of my reading there and the discussion afterward.

I know not everyone who wanted to was able to attend the readings I gave, but I think this youtube of my reading will give you a sense of what goes on when I talk about my parents and the experiences of Poles in WWII.

Feel free to share it.

____________

I would like to thank Thad Radzilowski and the Piast Institute for inviting me to read in the Hamtramck Public Library.

No comments: