Is There a God?
Do I think now that there's a God? I don't know. I do know that the God of religion is freaky and not someone I want to have any thing to do with.
Religion softens God, makes him someone you want to have coffee with, someone you can call on to help out in the garden.
Religion asks you to forget the tsunamis and earthquakes like the one that killed so many in Nepal a while ago and recently destroyed so many of the islands and so much of Texas and sooner or later will come to a neighborhood near you.
The God of most religions wasn't listening when 6 million Jews died, when 50 million other civilians died in WWII, and you can bet he’s not listening now
He's out to lunch and we're stuck with his substitute: the god of religion, all of the religions (there are about 40000 different Christian denominations) that keep us in our place with lies about the true God, the God of no religion.
No comments:
Post a Comment