Thursday, August 18, 2016

ECHOES OF TATTERED TONGUES ON SALE AT AMAZON










I hate to advertise but the price of Echoes of Tattered Tongues -- my book about my Polish parents' lives as slave laborers in Nazi Germany and refugees in America -- has dropped almost 50% at Amazon.
I'm not sure what's going on but this seems like a good time to buy it for yourself or as a gift.
 
Here's one of the poems from the book:
 
What the War Taught My Mother
 
My mother learned that sex is bad,
Men are worthless, it is always cold
And there is never enough to eat.
 
She learned that if you are stupid
With your hands you will not survive
The winter even if you survive the fall.
 
She learned that only the young survive
The camps. The old are left in piles
Like worthless paper, and babies
Are scarce like chickens and bread.
 
She learned that the world is a broken place
Where no birds sing, and even angels
Cannot bear the sorrows God gives them.
 
She learned that you don't pray
Your enemies will not torment you.
You only pray that they will not kill you.
 
____
Just click on the word Amazon.



No comments: